Sat, 22 May|
2021 GT Diving Classic
Hedland is hosting the season opening, first spearfishing competition of the year, sponsored by GT Diving, Saturday 22nd of May.
Time & Location
22 May 2021, 5:00 am – 4:00 pm
Port Hedland, Port Hedland WA, Australia
About the event
HEDLAND GT Diving CLASSIC Organised by the North West Spearfishing Club
Saturday 22nd May 2021 (5am to 4:00pm)
Entry Fee: $30 for Members.
Competition entry is restricted to NWSFC members only.
Membership joining fee $50 per adult, $30 per Junior (age=<16 years), renewals are $30 for adult & $20 junior.
Anyone wanting to participate must complete a registration form before partaking in the competition.
Comp registration: www.nwsfc.com.au/events
Membership joining details https://www.nwsfc.com.au/shop
If you have any queries - please contact email@example.com
• Every individual participant must sign on and off from 5am and no later than 7am at the Port Hedland boat ramp.
• The QR code for sign in will be display on the sign next to the ramp. Once back to the land, a text will need to be sent as per procedure attached.
• It is an individual competition but all entrants are to dive in pairs or with 3 persons – partner to be nominated during sign-on.
• Boats shall only be launched after 5am from the Port Hedland boat ramp with no diving before sunrise.
• All fish weighed in must be taken using a spear gun or pole spear whilst freediving.
• Each diver can weigh in ONE fish per species. Points will be tallied as per the table below.
• Junior’s members must decide at the sign in if they compete for the junior or the senior ranking. They cannot compete in the 2 ladders.
• Junior’s species have been added for the junior ranking only. (see species list)
• There is no limit to the distance in which you can travel, provided you leave from and return to the Port Hedland boat ramp on the day of the competition.
• All competitors must have weighed in their fish (or be in the queue) by no later than 4:00pm – no exceptions! This will be held at The Yacht Club (near spoil bank on Sutherland street)
Competitors must be able to easily distinguish their catch from others within the same boat and not cause delays at the weigh in station.
All fish will be inspected and are to be weighed in whole. Participants may choose to gut their fish but no additional weight allowance will be made. The Weigh Master’s decision is final.
Any accusations or complaints must be formally submitted in writing with a $20 fee and shall be reviewed by the committee and acted on accordingly. The $20 will be reimbursed if the accusation is legit.
The prize presentation will be held immediately after the weigh-in at the Yacht Club. If
people are not present during the presentation, prizes will be kept at GT Diving until they can
All participants shall ensure their catch complies with the WA fisheries rules and that they
have a current WA recreational fishing licence (crayfish included if applicable).
If weather is unsuitable, the competition will be delayed by a fortnight
• Champion Spearo
• Runner up Spearo
• 3rd Place Spearo
• 4th Place Spearo
• 5th Place Spearo
• 6th Place Spearo
• 7th Place Spearo
• 8th Place Spearo
• Junior champ
• Meritorious fish.
• Lucky door prize (need to be present at prize giving)
• Heaviest Crayfish.
Marine Rescue Port Hedland 0407 476 096
Comp Marine Radio: VHF Channel 72
2021 GT Diving Classic
Please visit nwsfc.com.au --> Events --> GT Diving Hedland Classic for rules$30.00