Sat, 03 July|
Bala Balla Bash
Overnight competition with sleep over on a island. 2 days of spearfishing and a social night on the beach will determine who is the best team of the NWSFC!
Time & Location
03 July 2021, 5:00 am – 04 July 2021, 2:00 pm
Balla Balla, Depuch Island, Balla Balla WA 6714, Australia
About the event
BALLA BALLA BASH
Organised by the North West Spearfishing Club
Saturday 19th June 2020 & Sunday 20th June 2020
Dive times: 5am – 4:30pm Sat & 5am – 2pm Sun
$30 for Members.
Competition entry is restricted to NWSFC members only.
Membership joining fee for the rest of the year: $30 per adult, $15 per Junior (age=<16 years), renewals are $15 for adult & $10 junior.
Anyone wanting to participate must complete a registration form before partaking in the competition.
Comp registration: www.nwsfc.com.au/events
Membership joining details: https://www.nwsfc.com.au/membership
If you have any queries - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
· Every individual participant must sign on from 5am and no later than 9am at the Balla Balla boat ramp. All entrants are to dive in pairs – partner to be nominated during sign-on.
· The QR code for sign in will be display on a sign post at the Balla Balla creek ramp. Once every boat returns back to the ramp, sign off using the same QR code must also be scanned.
· Boats shall only be launched after 5am from the Balla Balla boat ramp with no diving before sunrise.
· All fish weighed in must be taken using a spear gun or pole spear whilst freediving.
· Each teams will enter one fish per species and per divers. Points will be tallied as per the table below. (ex: if both divers shoot 2 blue bone each, choose the biggest of the diver 1 and the biggest of the diver 2)
· The calculation point system has been updated as per the AUF system. See below.
· There is no limit to the distance in which you can travel, provided you leave from and return to the Balla Balla boat ramp.
· All competitors must have weighed in their fish (or be in the queue) by no later than 2pm on the Sunday – no exceptions! This will be held near the boat ramp.
· Competitors must be able to easily distinguish their catch from others within the same boat and not cause delays at the weigh in station.
All fish will be inspected and are to be weighed in whole. Participants may choose to gut their fish but no additional weight allowance will be made. The Weigh Master’s decision is final.
Any accusations or complaints must be formally submitted in writing with a $20 fee and shall be reviewed by the committee and acted on accordingly. The $20 will be reimbursed if the accusation is legit.
The prize presentation will be held immediately after the weigh-in at the campground. If people are not present during the presentation, prizes will be kept at GT Diving until they can be collected.
All participants shall ensure their catch complies with the WA fisheries rules and that they have a current WA recreational fishing licence (crayfish included if applicable).
If weather is unsuitable, the competition will be delayed by a fortnight (i.e., backup date is weekend of Saturday 3rd August).
Satuday: High tide 04:25 at 5.19m and 16:48 at 5.06m
Low tide 10:41 at 2.96m and 12.17 at 2.87m
Sunday: High tide 05:48 at 5.2m and 18:27 at 4.95m
Low tide 12.17 at 2.87m
Fish Species Points System
COMPETITION POINTS SYSTEM
Each Fish worth 100 points and each Kilos 10pts.
Bluebone (Blackspot Tuskfish)
Coral Trout (All Species)
Emperor (All Species Except Red)
Maori Sea Perch
Fingermark Perch (golden snapper)
Junior only: Trevally (All) and queen fish
All species have points per kilo cap of 150 (15kg)
Any fish under 300mm will not be weigh in.
· Champion Pair
· Runner up Pair
· 3rd Pair
· 4th Pair
· 5th Pair
· Most meritorious Fish (committee to decide)
· Meritorious Juniors
· Heaviest Crayfish
· Lucky door prize
· Marine Rescue Port Hedland 0407 476 096
· Comp Marine Radio: VHF Channel 72
Balla Balla Bash$30.00