Sat, 13 May|
Balla Balla Weekend
This is the launch of the season, 2 days comp from Balla Balla and social night sleepover on the island. Pair up with your mate and joint this awesome event! RSVP before Friday 12th 6pm .
Time & Location
13 May 2023, 6:00 am – 14 May 2023, 1:00 pm
Balla Balla, Depuch Island, Balla Balla WA 6714, Australia
About the event
BALLA BALLA BASH
Organised by the North West Spearfishing Club
Saturday 13th May 2023 & Sunday 14th May 2023
Dive times: 6am – 4:30pm Sat & 5am – 1pm Sun
Free for Members.
Competition entry is restricted to NWSFC members only.
Membership joining fee : $50 per adult, $30 per Junior (age=<16 years), renewals are $30 for adult & $15 junior.
Anyone wanting to participate must complete a registration form before partaking in the competition.
Comp registration: www.nwsfc.com.au/events
Membership joining details: https://www.nwsfc.com.au/membership
If you have any queries - please contact email@example.com
· Every individual participant must sign on from 5am and no later than 9am at the Balla Balla boat ramp. All entrants are to dive in pairs – partner to be nominated during sign-on.
· The QR code for sign in will be display on a sign post at the Balla Balla creek ramp. Once every boat returns back to the ramp, sign off using the same QR code must also be scanned.
· Boats shall only be launched after 5am from the Balla Balla boat ramp with no diving before sunrise.
· All fish weighed in must be taken using a spear gun or pole spear whilst freediving.
· Each teams will enter one fish per species and per divers. Points will be tallied as per the table below. (ex: if both divers shoot 2 blue bone each, choose the biggest of the diver 1 and the biggest of the diver 2)
· The calculation point system has been updated as per the AUF system. See below.
· There is no limit to the distance in which you can travel, provided you leave from and return to the Balla Balla boat ramp.
· All competitors must have weighed in their fish (or be in the queue) by no later than 1pm on the Sunday – no exceptions! This will be held near the boat ramp.
. Any accusations or complaints must be formally submitted in writing with a $20 fee and shall be reviewed by the committee and acted on accordingly. The $20 will be reimbursed if the accusation is legit.
. If weather is unsuitable, the competition will be delayed by a fortnight (i.e., backup date is weekend of Saturday 27th May).
ACCEPTABLE ACTION BY A SECOND DIVER
· Handing an unloaded gun to the other diver for a second shot
· Assist with placing the fish into a boat or float following it being subdued by the first diver
· Handing a float to the diver
· Assist with managing sharks
LEVEL OF ASSISTANCE RENDERING A CATCH INVALID
· Placing a second shot into the other diver’s fish
· Handing a loaded gun to the other attached diver
· Hold or help pull up the other attached diver’s floatline/rigline
· Handling the fish, equipment or floatline while the fish has not been subdued in any manner that may be deemed to have aided in the capture
All fish will be inspected and are to be weighed in whole. Participants may choose to gut their fish but no additional weight allowance will be made.
Any protests must be formally submitted in writing with a $20 fee and shall be reviewed by the committee and acted on accordingly. The $20 will be reimbursed if the protest is upheld.
The prize presentation will be held immediately after the weigh-in. If winning entrants are not present during the presentation, prizes will be kept at by the NWSFC committee until they can be collected.
All participants shall ensure their catch complies with the WA fisheries (DPIRD) rules and that they have a current WA recreational fishing licence (boat and crayfish licence included if applicable).
The Weigh Master’s decision is final.
Fish Species Points System
COMPETITION POINTS SYSTEM
Each Fish worth 100 points and each Kilos 10pts.
All species have points per kilo cap of 150 (15kg)
Any fish under 300mm will not be weigh in.
· Champion Pair
· Runner up Pair
· 3rd Pair
· Most meritorious Fish (committee to decide)
· Meritorious Juniors
· Heaviest Crayfish
· Lucky door prize
· Marine Rescue Port Hedland 0407 476 096
· Comp Marine Radio: VHF Channel 72
Competitors are reminded that:
· We are a not-for-profit incorporated association registered with the Australian Government - all money and sponsorship received by the club goes back into the club to benefit the members
· The NWSFC is run on an entirely voluntary basis. Committee members pay the same dues as all club members and receive no perks – so please be respectful.
· We encourage anyone who has benefited from the club to step up to the committee and pay it forward to share the stoke. Even if you can just volunteer to help out at a particular comp it would be much appreciated.
NWSFC Balla Balla Bash$0.00