Time is TBD|
Shire of East Pilbara
CNW Cape Keraudren Camp and Comp
This would have been the season finale! Our most popular event, full day of spearfishing followed by a social night on the campsite. Beers and BBQ will be on the club, stories and good vibes will be on the boys! Proudly support by CNW Electrical wholesale Port Hedland.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Shire of East Pilbara, Cape Keraudren, Australia
About the event
Free for Members.
Competition entry is restricted to NWSFC members only. Anyone wanting to participate must be a member and complete a registration form before partaking in the competition.
Membership joining fee $30 per adult, $25 per Junior (age=<16 years), renewals are $20 for adult & $15 junior. (end of the season)
Comp registration: www.nwsfc.com.au/events
Membership joining details: https://www.nwsfc.com.au/membership
If you have any queries - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Every individual participant must sign on from 5am. All entrants are to dive by pairs for safety reasons.
• The QR code for sign in will be displayed on a sign mounted on a star picket at the Cape Keraudren public boat ramp – instructions are displayed on the sign
• Once every boat returns back to the ramp, please sign off using the same QR code so we can account for all entrants
• Boats shall be launched after 5am from the Cape Keraudren public boat ramp - no diving before sunrise.
• All fish weighed in must be taken using a spear gun or pole spear whilst freediving.
• Points will be tallied as per the table below (aligns with the AUF system) – only one fish per ‘Fish Species/Type’ category can be entered
• There is no limit to the distance in which you can travel, provided you leave from and return to the Cape Keraudren public boat ramp.
• Weigh in commences at 1630hrs at camp ground in front of the ramp. All competitors must have weighed in their fish (or be in the queue) by 5pm at the latest. Please note - NWSFC will provide some light food.
• Competitors must be able to easily distinguish their catch from others within the same boat and not cause delays at the weigh in station.
ACCEPTABLE ACTION BY A SECOND DIVER
· Handing an unloaded gun to the other diver for a second shot
· Assist with placing the fish into a boat or float following it being subdued by the first diver
· Handing a float to the diver
· Assist with managing sharks
LEVEL OF ASSISTANCE RENDERING A CATCH INVALID
· Placing a second shot into the other diver’s fish
· Handing a loaded gun to the other attached diver
· Hold or help pull up the other attached diver’s floatline/rigline
· Handling the fish, equipment or floatline while the fish has not been subdued in any manner that may be deemed to have aided in the capture
All fish will be inspected and are to be weighed in whole. Participants may choose to gut their fish but no additional weight allowance will be made.
Any protests must be formally submitted in writing with a $20 fee and shall be reviewed by the committee and acted on accordingly. The $20 will be reimbursed if the protest is upheld.
The prize presentation will be held immediately after the weigh-in. If winning entrants are not present during the presentation, prizes will be kept at GT Diving until they can be collected.
All participants shall ensure their catch complies with the WA fisheries (DPIRD) rules and that they have a current WA recreational fishing licence (boat and crayfish licence included if applicable).
The Weigh Master’s decision is final.
All species have a points per kilo cap of 150 (15kg).
Any fish under 300mm will not be accepted for weigh in.
· Champion Pair
· Runner up Pair
· 3rd Pair
· 4th Pair
· 5th Pair
· Biggest Crayfish bag. Limited to 4 crays per spearo.
· Meritorious Fish.
· Meritorious Junior.
· Hard Luck Story (story must be genuinely hard-luck – prize awarded at weighmaster’s discretion)
· Lucky door prize (need to be present at prize giving) – make sure you grab a ticket off the designated committee member! To ensure we spread the prizes around members – Champion Spearo, 2nd and 3rd Place will be excluded from the lucky door prize.
CNW Cape Keraudren Camp & Comp
Our most popular event, full day of spearfishing followed by a social night on the campsite. Beers and BBQ will be on the club, stories and good vibes will be on the boys! Proudly support by CNW Electrical wholesale Port Hedland.$0.00