Sun, 08 Aug|
After 2 disappointing cancellation in Balla Balla, the NWSFC is travelling futher west to organise his 2nd Fortescue camp and comp. Team up with your mate, get the swag ready and embark in this beautiful location to get a chance to win one of the great prizes offered by the NWSFC and his sponsors.
Time & Location
08 Aug 2021, 5:00 am – 2:00 pm
Mardie, Sholl Island, Mardie WA 6714, Australia
About the event
FORTESCUE CAMP N COMP Organised by the North West Spearfishing Club
Sunday 8th August 2021
(6am to 2PM)
$30 for Members.
Competition entry is restricted to NWSFC members only. Anyone wanting to participate must be a member and complete a registration form before partaking in the competition.
Membership joining fee $50 per adult, $30 per Junior (age=<16 years), renewals are $30 for adult & $20 junior.
Comp registration: www.nwsfc.com.au/events
Membership joining details: https://www.nwsfc.com.au/membership
If you have any queries - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
· Every individual participant must sign on from 5am and no later than 8 am at the Fortescue River boat ramp. All entrants are to dive in pairs – partner to be nominated during sign-on.
· The QR code for sign in will be display on a sign post at the Fortescue river ramp. Once every boat returns back to the ramp, sign off using the same QR code must also be scanned.
· Boats shall only be launched after 5am from the Fortescue boat ramp with no diving before sunrise.
· All fish weighed in must be taken using a spear gun or pole spear whilst freediving.
· Each teams will enter one fish per species and per divers. Points will be tallied as per the table below. (ex: if both divers shoot 2 blue bone each, choose the biggest of the diver 1 and the biggest of the diver 2)
· The calculation point system has been updated as per the AUF system. See below.
· There is no limit to the distance in which you can travel, provided you leave from and return to the Fortescue boat ramp.
· All competitors must have weighed in their fish (or be in the queue) by no later than 2pm on the Sunday – no exceptions! This will be held near the boat ramp.
· Competitors must be able to easily distinguish their catch from others within the same boat and not cause delays at the weigh in station.
All fish will be inspected and are to be weighed in whole. Participants may choose to gut their fish but no additional weight allowance will be made. The Weigh Master’s decision is final.
Any accusations or complaints must be formally submitted in writing with a $20 fee and shall be reviewed by the committee and acted on accordingly. The $20 will be reimbursed if the accusation is legit.
The prize presentation will be held immediately after the weigh-in at the campground. If people are not present during the presentation, prizes will be kept at GT Diving until they can be collected.
All participants shall ensure their catch complies with the WA fisheries rules and that they have a current WA recreational fishing licence (crayfish included if applicable).
Fish Species Points System
COMPETITION POINTS SYSTEM
Points for Fish 100
Points Per Kilo 10
Bluebone (Blackspot Tuskfish)
Coral Trout (All Species)
Emperor (All Species except below)
Robison Sea bream
Long Nose Emperor
Red throat Empreor
Blue line Emperor
Large mouth Nannygai
Blue nose salmon
Snapper ( all species)
Maori Sea Perch
Fingermark Perch (golden snapper)
Junior only: Trevally (All) and queen fish
All species have points per kilo cap of 150 (15kg)
Any fish under 300mm will not be weigh in.
· Champion Pair
· Runner up Pair
· 3rd Pair
· 4th Pair
· 5th Pair
· Biggest Crayfish bag. Limited to 4 crays per spearo.
· Meritorious Fish.
· Meritorious Junior.
· Lucky door prize (need to be present at prize giving)
Pair competition over 2 days with sleepover on Sholl Island$30.00