Sat, 30 Oct|
Port Hedland AUP Classic
The 1st date have been postponed for weather condition, but the event is still live! Port Hedland is hosting the AUP classic, thanks to our main sponsor for this event AUP.
Time & Location
30 Oct 2021, 5:00 am – 4:00 pm
Port Hedland, Port Hedland WA 6721, Australia
About the event
$30 for Members.
Competition entry is restricted to NWSFC members only.
Anyone wanting to participate must be a member and complete a registration form before partaking in the competition.
Competition VHF Channel 72
Membership joining fees:
· $30 per adult - includes complimentary club T-shirt (end of the year price)
· $20 per junior (age=<16 years) - includes complimentary club T-shirt
Membership renewal fees:
· Renewals are $20 for adult & $15 junior.
Comp registration: www.nwsfc.com.au/events
Membership joining details: https://www.nwsfc.com.au/membership
If you have any queries - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Every individual participant must sign on from 5am. All entrants are to dive with a buddy for safety reasons.
• The QR code for sign in will be displayed on a sign mounted on a star picket at the Port Hedland public boat ramp – instructions are displayed on the sign
• Once every boat returns back to the ramp, please sign off using the same QR code so we can account for all entrants
• Boats shall be launched after 5am from the port hedland boat ramp - no diving before sunrise.
• All fish weighed in must be taken using a spear gun or pole spear whilst freediving.
• Points will be tallied as per the table below (aligns with the AUF system) – only one fish per ‘Fish Species/Type’ category can be entered
• There is no limit to the distance in which you can travel, provided you leave from and return to the Port Hedland public boat ramp.
• Weigh in commences at 1600hrs at the Port Hedland Yacht club. All competitors must have weighed in their fish (or be in the queue) by 4.30pm at the latest. Please note - NWSFC will provide some light food - check out the yacht club menu for something more substantial:
• Competitors must be able to easily distinguish their catch from others within the same boat and not cause delays at the weigh in station.
ACCEPTABLE ACTION BY A SECOND DIVER
· Handing an unloaded gun to the other diver for a second shot
· Assist with placing the fish into a boat or float following it being subdued by the first diver
· Handing a float to the diver
· Assist with managing sharks
LEVEL OF ASSISTANCE RENDERING A CATCH INVALID
· Placing a second shot into the other diver’s fish
· Handing a loaded gun to the other attached diver
· Hold or help pull up the other attached diver’s floatline/rigline
· Handling the fish, equipment or floatline while the fish has not been subdued in any manner that may be deemed to have aided in the capture
All fish will be inspected and are to be weighed in whole. Participants may choose to gut their fish but no additional weight allowance will be made.
Any protests must be formally submitted in writing with a $20 fee and shall be reviewed by the committee and acted on accordingly. The $20 will be reimbursed if the protest is upheld.
The prize presentation will be held immediately after the weigh-in. If winning entrants are not present during the presentation, prizes will be kept at GT Diving until they can be collected.
All participants shall ensure their catch complies with the WA fisheries (DPIRD) rules and that they have a current WA recreational fishing licence (boat and crayfish licence included if applicable).
The Weigh Master’s decision is final.
• Champion Spearo
• 2nd Place
• 3rd Place
• 4th Place
• 5th Place
• 6th Place
• 7th Place
• 8th Place
• Biggest Crayfish
• Meritorious Junior catch
• Meritorious Ladies catch
• Hard Luck Story (story must be genuinely hard-luck – prize awarded at weighmaster’s discretion)
• Lucky door prize (need to be present at prize giving) – make sure you grab a ticket off the designated committee member! To ensure we spread the prizes around members – Champion Spearo, 2nd and 3rd Place will be excluded from the lucky door prize.
Competitors are reminded that:
· We are a not-for-profit incorporated association registered with the Australian Government - all money and sponsorship received by the club goes back into the club to benefit the members
· The NWSFC is run on an entirely voluntary basis. Committee members pay the same dues as all club members and receive no perks – so please be respectful.
· We encourage anyone who has benefited from the club to step up to the committee and pay it forward to share the stoke. Even if you can just volunteer to help out at a particular comp it would be much appreciated.
2021 Hedland AUP Classic$30.00